As training is given in small groups, learners will be required to bring a model for each day of the training course, for you to practice the treatment on. Learners do not practise treatments on each other as this reduces the learning time by half. The model would not be required until 1.15 pm each day for the practical session. Please note that models are NOT permitted to sit through theory sessions. The reason for this is that the model can become a distraction to the other learners. It is the responsibility of the learner to supply the model NOTBrighton Holistics. Please note models must be over the age of 16.
Please note that Brighton Holistics cannot provide models for learners.
Models will be required for the following courses.
- Advance / Deep Tissue Massage,
- Bamboo Massage,
- Crystal Reflexology,
- Facial Reflexology,
- Fertility Reflexology,
- Hand Reflexology,
- Hot & Cold Stone Massage,
- Hot Stone Reflexology,
- Introduction to Reflexology,
- Introduction to Facials,
- Introduction to Massage,
- Introduction to Indian Head Massage,
- Lomi Lomi (Hawaiian),
- Manual Lymphatic Massage*,
- Maternity Reflexology,
- Myofascial Release,
- Oncology Massage*,
- Oncology Reflexology*,
- Pregnancy Massage (Please note for pregnancy massage your model does not need to be pregnant and can be male or female),
- Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage*,
- Revitalising Facial Massage,
- Qualification Refresh (Learner must supply the model for this course),
- Seated Chair Massage,
- Thai Herbal Compress,
- Thai Foot Massage,
- Threading Level 2,
- Waxing Level 2.
*Please note that MLD and Oncology Massage are the same courses.
*Please note that the Oncology Reflexology training course and Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage training course are the same courses.
Models are NOT required for the following courses. **
- Advanced Reflexology,
- Aromatherapy Level 3*,
- Aromatherapy Product Making,
- Baby and Infant Massage*,
- Body Massage Level 3*,
- Crystal Therapy,
- Complementary Therapy Diploma Level 3,4 and 5* ***,
- Facials and Skin Care Level 2,
- First Aid Courses,
- Indian Head Level 3*,
- Manicure & Pedicure Level 2,
- Massage Diploma Level 3* ***,
- Neuromuscular & Soft Tissue**,
- Objective Physical Assessment**,
- Posture Analysis & ROM**,
- Taping & Strapping**,
- Reflexology Level 3*,
- Reflexology Level 5* ***,
- Reiki 1st degree,
- Reiki 2nd degree**,
- Reiki Master Practitioner,
- Reiki Master Teacher.
- Stretching and Rehabilitative Exercises for Clients Training Course**,
- Sports Massage Level 3* ***,
- Sports Massage Level 4* ***,
- Sports Massage Level 5* ***,
- Swedish Body Massage Level 3* ***,
- Trigger Point Therapy**,
- Introduction to Aromatherapy,
- Working with Pre-Blended oils.
*Please note if you are attending a Level 3 qualification i.e. Body Massage, Sports Massage, Aromatherapy, Indian Head Massage, Swedish Body Massage, Reflexology or any APL courses and during the course you are unable to be massaged/treated for any reason what so ever, then it is the learners responsibility to source a model for the practical element of the course, not Brighton Holistics.
** If your course is being taught on a one to one then a model will be required.
*** If your multi-disciplined course (massage diploma, complementarity therapy diploma, Reflexology Level 5) consists of short courses you may be required to bring a model for these modules.